- Important information about our site
- How might we collect and use your personal data?
- Policy for disclosures of your personal data
- International transfers
- Data security
- Data retention
- Your legal rights
1. IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT OUR SITE
This Website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Rosalind Scientific LLC
3790 El Camino Real #1069
Palo Alto, CA 94306
Email address: [email protected]
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. This helps us ensure we deliver notices, products, and services to the right place. Please keep us informed of changes to your personal data by updating your account or emailing us at [email protected].
2. HOW MIGHT WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include anonymized data, where it is not possible to identify a particular individual from the data.
Drug Hunter may collect data from and about you as you interact with our services in the following ways:
Browsing the Website
When you browse our Website, we collect information such as internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this Website (“Technical Data”); data about how you use our Website, products, and services (“Usage Data”); and approximate or precise geolocation data (“Location Data”). We process this information to deliver more relevant website content and advertisements to you; measure or understand the effectiveness of our website advertising; and improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships, and user experiences. We process this information on the basis of our legitimate interests (such as to study how you use our products and services, develop our products and services, grow our business and inform our marketing strategy, define types of customers for our products and services, and keep our website updated and relevant).
When you register for an account on the Website, we may collect your first name, last name, username or similar identifier (“Identity Data”); information about your professional background, including job title, employer name, years of professional experience, and job function or business area (“Professional Data”); and information such as your billing address, delivery address, email address or telephone numbers (“Contact Data”). We collect this information to register your account and process this information to perform our contractual obligations to you.
Subscriptions and Other Paid Services
When you purchase a paid subscription or purchase any other products or services from us, we may collect details about your payments and other details about the products and services you have purchased from us (“Transaction Data”); information about your username and password, your purchases or orders, interests, preferences, feedback, and survey responses (“Profile Data”); and bank account and payment card details (“Financial Data”). We collect this information so we can process your payments and deliver the products and/or services to you. We process this information to perform our contractual obligations to you and for our legitimate interests (to collect payment for services and products).
Marketing and Sponsored Events
When you sign up for or register to receive information about offers or events sponsored by third parties, we may collect data about your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us and third parties and your communication preferences (“Marketing and Communications Data”). We process this information to perform our contractual obligations to you and for our legitimate interests (to study how you use our products/services, develop our products and services, and grow our business).
If you sign up for a newsletter subscription, you may provide us with information such as Identity Data, Professional Data, Contact Data, and Marketing and Communications Data. We process this information to perform our contractual obligation to you (to deliver the newsletter that you requested).
Feedback, Inquiries, Administration
Our Legal Obligations
We may process any of the personal data we have collected about you to administer and protect our business, us, our users, our employees, our affiliates, and this Website (such as for troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data). We process this data to comply with our legal obligations and for our legitimate interests (such as operating our business, providing administration and IT services, network security, fraud prevent, and preventing injury to persons, property, or legal rights, or in the context of a business reorganization).
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If we need to collect personal data by law or to fulfill a contractual obligation to you, such as to deliver goods or services, and you refuse to provide that data, we may not be able to initiate, perform, or fulfill the contract. In this instance, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with Drug Hunter but will notify you at that time.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data, although we will get your consent before sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing from us at any time by contacting us at [email protected].
Drug Hunter is committed to providing you choices for personal data use, especially when it comes to marketing and advertising. We have established personal data control mechanisms, including these:
Our marketing may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to understand what products, services, and offers are relevant and valuable to you.
You may receive marketing communications from Drug Hunter if you have requested information or made purchases from us.
We will ask you to consent before we share your personal data with any third party for their direct marketing efforts, and it will not be shared unless you have provided opt-in consent. You can opt out of future marketing communications at any time by emailing us at [email protected]. California residents can also make a request pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (the “Shine the Light Law”) by emailing us at [email protected].
You can opt out of marketing messages from Drug Hunter or third parties by following the “opt out” links within those messages. You can also email [email protected] with the subject line, “Opt Out” at any time.
Opting out prevents you from receiving marketing messages, but we may still need to contact you about your subscription and any products, services, or transactions directly relevant to your use of our Website.
Do Not Track
We are committed to transparency and protecting your privacy, but because there is no consensus among industry participants as to what browser-initiated Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals mean, we do not currently recognize or respond to them.
CHANGE OF PURPOSE
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason compatible with the original purpose. If you contact us, we can provide an explanation of how the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose stated. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
3. POLICY FOR DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes explained in Section 2:
- Service providers who support our business operations and allow us to deliver our products and services to you. We do not allow our third-party service providers, like MailChimp, Google Analytics, and Stripe, to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions;
- Law enforcement or a governmental entity or agency;
- Third parties to whom disclosure is required or permitted in order to comply with a subpoena, court order, or other applicable law, regulation, or legal process; and
- Advertising partners, ad servers, ad networks, event sponsors, and other business partners.
Drug Hunter’s business practices require all third parties to respect your privacy and security and treat your personal data in accordance with the law.
4. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
5. DATA SECURITY
We are serious about the security of your personal data and have put appropriate measures in place to prevent it from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed in an unauthorized way. We also limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
6. DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
We consider these factors when determining the appropriate retention period for personal data:
- Amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data;
- The potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data;
- The purposes for which we process the data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means; and
- The applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for up to 6 years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data (see Your Legal Rights below for further information).
In some circumstances we will anonymize your personal data, making it no longer associated with you, for research or statistical purposes. In this case, we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
7. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data.
You may have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). By doing this, you can receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove it where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. We may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party), if something about your particular situation makes you want to object to processing on this basis because you feel it impacts your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. You may have the right to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
- You want us to establish the data’s accuracy.
- Our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want it erased.
- You need us to hold the data so you can establish, exercise or defend legal claims, even if we no longer require it.
- You have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to yourself or a third party. We will provide your data to you or a chosen third party in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. This right only applies to automated information we process based on your consent or for contractual necessity.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email [email protected]om.
RESPONDING TO DATA REQUESTS
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data and/or to exercise any other rights. We verify your identity to make sure your data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We do our best to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. If it takes us longer than one month to reply to a particularly complex request, or in cases where we have received multiple requests from you, we will notify and update you regarding the status of your request.