Recently our non-profit partner, California Life Sciences, completed nominations for the 2021 Pantheon Award for Scientific Advancement. We’re glad to see several drug hunters and drug discovery companies across the award categories, and we hope you’ll help get some industry drug hunters deserved recognition for their achievements by voting here!
We’re glad to see our nominee Dan Erlanson among finalists for the award, for technologies he co-invented with Jim Wells and others, enabling the drugging of the cancer target KRAS and his advancement of fragment-based and covalent drug discovery techniques over twenty years.
Pharma finalists in other categories include:
- Amgen’s Lumakras (sotorasib) for Product of the Year, the first and only KRASG12C inhibitor to receive regulatory approval.
- Gilead’s Veklury (remdesivir) for Product of the Year, the antiviral standard of care for COVID-19
- Gilead Sciences, Global Blood Therapeutics, and Ultragenyx for Company of the Year
- Neuron23 for the Rising Star Award
- Ted Love, CEO of Global Blood Therapeutics, and Emil Kakkis, founder of Ultragenyx, for the Life Science Leadership Award
We hope you enjoy reading about the nominees and will participate in showing some love to your fellow drug discovery scientists.
Explore drughunter.com for more on drug discovery.