Key Account Sales Manager – Biotech/Pharma Institutional Subscriptions: Drug Hunter
We are looking for an Account Manager with experience in the biotech and pharmaceutical industry to continue the rapid growth of Drug Hunter, our flagship publication for drug discovery professionals. This is a unique opportunity to work with research and development institutions and libraries to sell and support strongly adopted products, with significant growth opportunities.
This is a full-time, fully remote position based in the United States, primarily working core business hours in your time zone, adjusting to global time zones as needed. Up to 40% flexible travel required. Drug Hunter is an Equal Opportunity Employer Vets/Minorites/Women/Disabled.
Who We Are:
Drug Hunter (drughunter.com) is a rapidly growing, scientist-led pharmaceutical industry publication focusing on the science of drug discovery. We help the R&D scientists discovering new medicines make informed decisions by providing them with powerful scientific insights that they don’t have time to find.
We believe in science and data, that it takes a team to bring new products to market, and that readers’ time is valuable. Together, we will help scientists create better products for society by saving them time, keeping them up-to-date, and helping them teach others.
How to Apply:
Please apply using this link: https://drughunters.com/ADBD-DH
• Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biology, or a related science or a related science
• Minimum of 5 years sales experience in a consultative selling environment or related experience, with at least 3 years experience selling scientific or enterprise solutions for life sciences
• Prior biotech, pharmaceutical, and/or academic sector experience and domain knowledge
• Familiarity with drug discovery research and development process and research information needs
• An excellent team player who can work independently and collaboratively
• An excellent communicator of scientific solutions to sophisticated customers
• An enthusiastic traveler
Ideally, you will also have:
• Experience working in a subscription sales business
• A proactive and creative approach to match what customers are looking for with solutions
• Executive presence and the ability to collaborate with customers across levels
• Strong organizational skills and ability to continuously learn
• Knowledge of Hubspot CRM
In this role, you will:
• Work with a customer base of scientists, departmental management, senior pharma/biotech executives, investors, and procurement professionals, as well as internal sales, marketing, product, editorial, and leadership team members.
• Execute the end-to-end sales process—from prospecting, nurturing, discovery, demonstration, and follow-up calls, custom agreements, and closing the deal to client relationship management.
• Research and identify target demographics, build relationships, perform in-depth presentations, strategic analysis, and execution of implemented plans.
• Iterate on the sales plan by measuring stats from top-of-the-funnel to conversion, making smart data-driven decisions to optimize our sales pipeline.
• Leverage prospecting tools and resources to research companies and identify key stakeholders at new accounts.
• Create & refine customized pitches for different target accounts and personas.
• Represent Drug Hunter as a pharmaceutical industry expert and industry partner, with a strong reader-, customer-, and partner-focus.
• Foster a positive culture within the industry and editorial team aligned with the mission and values of the company, prioritizing facts, community, clarity, helpfulness, teamwork, and accountability.
• Provide feedback from clients to internal team members to support product development and customer service.
Because of this, we offer:
Competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits including healthcare (dental and vision included), a 401k and 401k match, a flexible work schedule, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time.